Posted by Howard Trott on Sunday, March 24, 2019 Under: Guest Motorcycle Articles
Proper maintenance of your motorcycle will ensure long lasting partnership with your machine. If you take care of it, you will be certain of a good ride, every time. Motorcycle maintenance does not only mean cleaning your bike. Making it look presentable all the time is great but you have to be concern about its engine as well. It is like taking care of your Harley Davidson motorcycle boots, you do not just polish it, you have to make sure that it is well cared for and maintained.
In order to properly care for your motorcycle, you have to check its, engines, body, tires, and fuel. Here are some tips you need to take note:
1. Use the recommended motorcycle oil for your bike. Some would say that the car oil is enough. However, this can affect the performance of the motorcycle engine. Car oils have certain compositions that can affect the motorcycle engine. As much as possible, use only the oils recommended by your manufacturer. Although this cost more, you will be certain that the product is formulated specifically for your ride.
2. Check your radiator regularly. If you neglect to clean your radiator, you will most likely encounter overheating.
3. Take care of your battery as well. This is very important especially during the cold season. Many riders remove their battery from the bike and store somewhere warmer. It is important that you check it before you use it again. See if there are any leaks or unusual changes on your bike.
4. Check the lights too. Make sure that they are working especially if you are going to ride it at night. The primary cause of motorcycle related accidents is the lack of visibility.
5. Check your tires as well. Replace worn out tires because this no longer have the traction needed for the ride. Check the wheel in general as well. Make sure that the air pressure is enough. Check its spokes too. Your wheels are very important in each of your ride. You might end up in a hospital if you take it for granted.
6. Pay attention to your cables as well. You will be encountering a lot of problems if your cable fails to perform. Test its strength and check for rust.
7. Before you start riding your bike again, double-check the other smaller parts. Tighten the bolts. Apply protective coatings on the leather parts of your motorcycle.
It is also important that you check your other motorcycle gears and accessories. Check your helmet, your boots, jackets, and gloves. Make sure that they are ready for use. See if your Harley Davidson motorcycle boots are ready for the road.
Maintaining your motorcycle is one of the best ways to stay safe. If you do not take care of it properly, you will not know what parts you need to replace. You will also fail to do the needed repairs. Remember, it is not only important that you know how to ride your bike, it is also vital that you know how to take care of it.
Tags: motorbike care warrington